Arriving by Car
Devon might feel like a long way from the everyday but we’re remarkably easy to find! If you’re driving to us, choose the M5 for links from Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham and all locations along the M4 corridor from London. Alternatively, the A30/A303/M3 route will give you a more scenic drive to Exeter from London and the south-east.
Should you decide to drive, Pynes House is 3 hours 30 minutes from London, 2 hours 45 minutes from Birmingham and 1 hour 30 minutes from Bristol.
Arriving by Train
Exeter St. Davids is well-served by trains and there are direct train links to and from London Paddington (via Reading and Newbury), London Waterloo and Glasgow and Edinburgh (via Leeds, Birmingham and Bristol). By train, we are just over 2 hours from London Paddington, 3 hours from Birmingham International and just 1 hour from Bristol Temple Meads.
Pynes House is 2.4 miles from Exeter St. Davids train station and on arrival into Exeter, it’s just an eight-minute taxi ride to us. If you’d like to pre-book your taxi in advance, contact Exe Cars on 01392 555 555 or Apple Taxi Exeter on 01392 666 666.
Arriving by Plane
Peace and rural tranquillity are just a few of Devon’s many charms. However, it’s still well connected to the world and if you’re travelling from overseas to Pynes House, you’ll find it easy to arrive by plane:
Fly to Exeter
- Exeter Airport, five miles from the city itself, is served by daily flights to and from the following destinations: Alicante, Amsterdam, Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Faro, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, London City, Malaga, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Palma Mallorca and Paris.
- Taxis are always available at Exeter airport or you can board Stagecoach bus service 56 which runs to and from the city centre. There’s also the option to hire from Hertz, Avis and Europcar.
Fly to London
- From London Heathrow, the easiest way to reach Pynes House is via train. Take the Heathrow Express to London Paddington and then board a direct fast train to Exeter St David’s. Your journey, including time to change at Paddington, should take 3 hours 30 minutes.
- From London Gatwick, there are a number of train routes and all will take between 3 and 4 hours. To plan the easiest and quickest journey for the time you’re travelling, do use the National Rail.
- Alternatively, both airports offer car hire services from Hertz, Avis, Europcar and Sixt.
Should you drive yourself to Pynes House, we’re very pleased to be able to provide parking for guests. There’s ample space behind the house for approximately thirty cars. We clearly signpost the parking area on the day of your wedding or event and all guests are welcome to leave their cars on-site overnight. We do ask that all cars are collected by 11am the following morning. Thank you.
To make the most of your time at Pynes House and to enjoy everything that we have to offer, we always recommend that you tuck away the technology on arrival. However, we also understand that modern life requires connectivity, even in the middle of the countryside. We’re happy to provide all guests with WiFi at Pynes House – please ask for details on arrival.
For those guests not staying with us, Exeter is just a ten minute taxi ride away and this beautiful cathedral city offers a range of accommodation to suit all tastes and budget from Hotel du Vin to the Premier Inn. You might also like to consider Southernhay House Hotel, Thistle and Mercure Exeter Southgate.