The origins of the Pynes estate date back to Norman times, with the oldest part of the house being built in about 1700. Today, the house offers luxurious accommodation for up to 12 guests, grand state rooms for entertaining and cosy nooks to curl up with a good book.
The house, together with its formal terraces, gardens and woodland will be exclusively yours for the whole of your stay with us. Facilities include:
- 12 individually decorated bedrooms (including two rooms that can be combined to make a luxurious suite)
- Elegant and versatile Ballroom
- Formal Drawing Room with plenty of seating and roaring log fire
- Cosy Morning Room
- Imposing staircase with huge 18th century stained glass window
- Formal terraces and parterres, charming woodland and manicured lawns
- Croquet lawn
This is an historic house, but also a relaxed, family home. If you are interested in finding out more, contact us for a chat or to arrange a time to come and visit the house. You will always receive a very warm welcome.
Out and About
We can help to organise a wide range of activities for you to enjoy in the local area during your stay at Pynes House. These might include:
- Horse riding
- Visiting the cathedral city of Exeter
- Taking in the rugby at Exeter Chiefs
Of course, some of the best things in life are free. At Pynes House, the Exe Valley Way is on the doorstep for country walks, and we are just 9 miles from the edge of rugged Dartmoor and 12 miles from the beautiful south Devon coast.
For food and drink, the local countryside is packed with cosy, traditional pubs and the vibrant city of Exeter is a short drive away. At Pynes House we have two particularly charming inns within walking distance.